Serves 10 to 12 | Prep Time 1 hour 15 minutes | Cook Time 50 to 60 minutes | Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
3 cups all-purpose, plus more for bench flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
1 cup iced water
1 large egg, beaten
2 (29-ounce) can peaches, syrup drained
1 cup granulated sugar, plus more for dusting
1 tablespoon cinnamon, plus more for dusting
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Ice cream, for serving (optional)
1. In a food processor, pulse together flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter and pulse a few more times until mixture is coarse and butter pieces are still visible. Slowly add water and pulse to form a dough, about 6 to 8 pulses total. If dough looks and feels very dry, add more iced water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough comes together. Transfer dough to sheet of plastic wrap and flatten into a round disc. Wrap tightly and chill dough thoroughly in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a large bowl, mix together peaches, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
4. Remove dough from refrigerator. Cut dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough into a 9-inch by 13-inch rectangle (about 1/4-inch thick). Line baking dish with rolled out dough piece and press any excess dough against sides of dish. Put peach filling on top of dough in a single even layer. Lightly flour surface again and roll other piece of dough into a 9-inch by 13-inch rectangle. Place dough on top of peaches and tuck excess dough into corners. Brush top with egg and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Pierce top of dough in several places to allow steam to escape while baking. Bake until top crust is golden brown, about 50 to 60 minutes. Cool on rack before serving for at least 15 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
5. Store cobbler covered at room temperature up to 24 hours or refrigerate covered up to 4 days.
6. Cook with soul. Eat with pleasure!