Serves 12 to 15 | Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 1 hour 15 minutes | Total Time 8 hours
12 graham crackers
¼ cup Sugar
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
4 ounces package semisweet chocolate morsels
16 ounces plain cream cheese, at room temperature
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. In a food processor, combine graham crackers, and sugar and pulse until coarse, about 30 seconds. Add the melted butter and pulse until fine, about 5 to 6 times. Press the crust into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch-by-13 quarter sheet pan.
3. Place chocolate morsels in a non-reactive bowl (glass or stainless steel) and set over a double boiler. Stir to melt chocolate using a rubber spatula. Set aside and cool completely.
4. In a large mixing bowl with paddle hook attached, cream together the cream cheese and sugar on high speed until smooth, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the bowl occasionally to thoroughly incorporate. On medium speed, add in the sour cream and beat until creamy, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well incorporated. Add in the vanilla, and salt on low speed and beat until smooth, about 20 seconds. Stir batter with a rubber spatula and pour filling into prepared pan.
5. Drizzle melted chocolate in a scattered motion over the surface of the filling. Using a toothpick, swirl in the chocolate into filling.
6. Bake cheesecake until cheesecake is risen, slightly brown on top, and edges are set, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Carefully remove cheesecake from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 1 hour at room temperature. Loosely cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator for at least 6 hours to overnight to chill completely. Slice and serve.
7. Bake with soul. Eat with pleasure!