Serves 8-10 | Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 45 minutes | Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
What You Need
1 ¼ cups fresh cherries, pitted
1 cups UV Cherry Flavored Vodka
1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
8 ounces plus 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, grated
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pure almond extract
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
6 ounces (1 ⅓ cups) Slivered almonds, lightly toasted
8 ounces dark chocolate chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons tablespoon cherry flavored vodka
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
1. In an airtight container, combine the cherries and vodka. Cover and let stand for at least 1 hour up to overnight at room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9X13” baking dish and line with parchment, leaving a 1-inch overhang on two sides. Sprinkle the pan with some flour.
3. Melt the butter, 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate until smooth over a pot with simmering water. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract (do not beat). Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture to combine.
5. Sift together flour and salt. Fold the flour into the chocolate mixture until flour disappears (do not overmix). Fold in the 4 ounces of chocolate. Strain the cherries from the vodka and reserve the vodka plus ¼ cup cherries. Fold the remaining cherries into the batter and 1 cup of almonds into the batter. Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared baking dish.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Run a knife along the edges and flip the cooled brownies onto a wire rack.
7. For the ganache, place the dark chocolate chips in a medium heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, bring to a boil the cream (the cream should almost boil over the pan). Immediately pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and let it stand for 1 minute. Stir using a whisk the cream into the chocolate until it completely melts, working from the center out. Add in the 2 teaspoons of vodka and incorporate the butter until it melts. Let stand and cool for 15 minutes.
8. Pour the ganache over the cooled brownies and sprinkle the top with remaining almonds and cherries. Slice and serve.
Bake with soul. Eat with pleasure! Join the movement hashtag #CookwithLaz with a post of your recreation on social media!