Prep Time: 10 l Total Time: 60 l Serves: 8-10
2 pounds elbow macaroni pasta, cooked al dente
6 ounces danish gouda, grated
4 ounces smoked gouda with bacon, grated
8 ounces sharp cheddar, grated
1 (12-ounce) can carnation milk
3 large eggs
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 ½ tablespoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Bring large pot of water to a boil, generously season with salt.
3. Cook pasta 3 minutes less than box directions. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside cooled pasta.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt. Pour in the noodles and coat evenly with egg mixture.
5. Mix all the cheeses together in a bowl.
6. Grease a deep baking dish (9in x 13in) with remaining butter, and sprinkle the greased dish with the remaining garlic powder. Pour ⅓ of the pasta into the dish. On top, Sprinkle ⅓ cheese mixture. Repeat in two more layers, ending with an even layer of cheese. Bake in the oven for 30-40 until it’s golden brown. Serve hot. Cook with soul. Eat with pleasure!
-Substitute gouda with monterey jack or muenster cheese