Prep time: 15 | Total Time : 30 | Serves: 6
4 tablespoons clarified butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (or shortening), cold and cubed
¼ cup chopped bacon, cooked and drained
¼ cup cheddar cheese
¼ cup small diced jalapenos
3/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Grease a cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoons clarified butter. Reserve the remaining butter.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
3. Add in the cold butter, using a fork or your fingers to incorporate; you want to see small pieces of butter throughout the mixture. Mix in the bacon, cheese and jalapenos. Mix in the buttermilk until well combined and form into a dough.
4. On a lightly floured surface roll out ball dough until ½ I inch thick. Use a ring mold to cut out your desired shape.
5. Brush 2 tablespoon clarified butter on the biscuits; bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes. Brush with remaining clarified butter and serve.
6. Bake with soul. Eat with pleasure!