Making the perfect boiled eggs can be tricky, but I've got it figured out for you. Perfect boiled eggs is all about time and temperature. Trust me, it's a lot less complicated than it sounds. Here's what you do and how you do it:
1. Place eggs in large saucepan. Cover the eggs completely with cold water, about a 1/2-inch above the eggs.
2. Bring your water to a gentle simmer. The key is to never boil the water (temperature). This is perhaps a confusing rationale given the name of this dish.
3. Prepare an ice bath (ice and water in a bowl).
4. Once the water simmers, begin time. Cook eggs to your liking according to times below.
5. Place the eggs in the ice bath to cool, about 2 minutes.
6. Peel the eggs by gently tapping the eggs on a flat surface and peel the shell using the tips of your fingers.
7. Cook with soul. Eat with pleasure!
Cooking Times For Perfect Boiled Eggs
Soft boiled eggs: 2 minutes
Medium boiled eggs: 4 1/2 minutes
Hard boiled eggs: 8 minutes
Perfect Music Accompaniment:
Song: Hate That I Love You