2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (or shortening), cold and cubed
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
3. Using a fork or your fingers to incorporate, add in cold butter; you want to see small pieces of butter throughout the mixture. Mix in the buttermilk until well combined and form into a dough.
4. On a lightly floured surface roll out dough into a ½-inch thick round. Use a ring mold to cut out your desired shape. Transfer biscuits to prepared sheet tray. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter. Bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes. Brush biscuits with remaining melted butter, and serve.
6. Bake with soul. Eat with pleasure!
- Feel free to create your own flavor combos: cheddar, and bacon; chive, parmesan, and rosemary; Sriracha, honey, garlic. Just have fun with it!