4 Italian sausages, casings removed
3 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
1-2 jalapeños, chopped
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 cup thawed frozen or 4 cups raw spinach
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons A.P. flour
2 cups whole milk
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
Oven-Ready Lasagna Sheets
1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Transfer cooked sausage to a bowl.
3. Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet and brown onion and jalapeño, stirring occasionally; season with salt.
4. Add sausage back to skillet and cook together with onion and jalapeño over medium heat, 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Add remaining oil and cook garlic until golden. Add spinach and season with salt. Transfer to a bowl.
6. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Season with nutmeg, salt & pepper. When sauce thickens, remove off heat and whisk in Parmesan.
7. In a baking dish, start the layers: béchamel, parsley, noodles, spinach, sausage, parsley. Repeat layers ending with béchamel. Sprinkle more Parmesan and parsley on top.
8. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
9. Cool slightly, slice, and serve. Garnish with more Parmesan and parsley.
10. Cook with soul. Eat with pleasure